NU bottoms behind mainframe
The NU bottoms are set behind the mainframe to prevent the mainframe from becoming a pinch-point for residue. They are designed for light draft and high-speed plowing.
- Operators often find they can plow a gear higher than with competitive plows
- Greater productivity and fuel economy
- Speeds up to 10 km/h (6 mph)
Available in 400-mm (16-in.) and 450-mm (18-in.) sizes with an unpolished finish.
The maximum plowing depth are as follows:
400 mm (16 in.)
305 mm (12 in.)
450 mm (18 in.)
356 mm (14 in.)
* In some soil conditions at plowing depths in the 254-mm to 356-mm (10-in. to 14-in.) range, soil may boil over the moldboard, resulting in poorly defined furrows.
Trashboards for NU bottoms
Plastic or steel trashboards can be added to NU bottoms to improve coverage in tall, heavy residue. Plastic trashboards are only recommended for non-abrasive soils where scouring is a problem with steel trashboards.
Shares for NU bottoms
Both the NU 400 and the NU 450 come standard with heavy-duty, full-cut shares.
Variety of shares
A variety of shares are available through Parts to match the plowing conditions:
|NU400||Regular, narrow cut|
|NU400||Heavy duty, narrow cut|
|NU400||Heavy duty, full cut|
|NU450||Heavy duty, narrow cut|
|NU450||Heavy duty, full cut (standard equipment)|
|NU450||500-mm over-cut (for use when wide widths of cut or complete slicing is required)|
|NU450||Hard-faced gumbo (for heavy soil conditions when penetration is a problem|
|NU400||Hard-faced (for areas where abrasive soil causes rapid wear of heavy-duty shares—not for use in rocks)|
|NU450||Hard-faced (for areas where abrasive soil causes rapid wear of heavy-duty shares—not for use in rocksfor)|
The gumbo moldboard (A32211) is available for NU 400 bottom and is recommended for use in heavy soil (gumbo) conditions. It is similar to the NU 400 bottom except that it has less area at the wing tip.
- Moldboard will not be forced upward by soil movement as much as NU 400.
- Permits soil to push off easier for better scouring and lighter draft.
John Deere furnishes a replacement share for any John Deere plow share that breaks before the share reaches the following wear limits (labor not included; wear to be measured perpendicularly across the middle of the front bolt hole):
- 13-mm (1/2-in.) wear, 89 mm (3.5 in.) remaining.