3046R Compact Utility Tractor
- John Deere
- Compact Tractors 3 Series
Find a location to get your local store information and inventory.
Your Preferred StoreChange location Change location
Key Features & Specs
- AutoConnect™ deck compatible for deck attach/detach in seconds
- Cab or Open Station configuration available
- Standard hydrostatic transmission with Twin Touch™ pedals
- PTO HP 36.6
- Transmission Type Hydrostatic - 3 Range
- 2WD or 4WD 4WD
- 3PT Hitch Category 1
- Cab or Open Station Cab or Open Station
- HP* 45.3
- + Expand All
- - Close All
Operator station is comfortable and convenient
The operator's station is designed for easy entry to/exit from the tractor.
Conveniently placed pedals, as well as repositioned operator controls, provide for a clean and flat platform design, giving the operator plenty of legroom.
- Hood and fenders are made from composite polymer material designed to eliminate the possibility of rusting and resistance to dents that can occur with metal hoods and fenders. This material provides a high-luster appearance with excellent resilience and resistance to fading from sunlight.
- Easy-fold rollover protective structure (ROPS) has built-in, rattle-reducing isolator.
Key features of the operator's station include:
- Large grab handles on each fender make getting on and off the tractor easy
- Tilt steering wheel design in base equipment. The tilt wheel:
- Allows the operator to adjust the steering wheel to the most comfortable position
- Provides additional clearance for the operator to enter and exit the tractor
- Provides easy return to the fully raised position
- Provides plenty of room for comfortable operation
- Updated M-B-R power take-off (PTO) selector lever is standard equipment and allows independent control of the mid and rear PTO
- Mid PTO cannot be ordered as a factory-installed option on standard cab or snow cab tractors and must be ordered separately as a field-installed option.
- Controls are shape and color coded for easier identification and operation
- Easy-fold ROPS include a built-in isolator for rattle free operation
- A left-side step is in base equipment to enhance access to the operator’s station
- Foot platform is rubber mounted and incorporates a runner mat for operator comfort
- PowrReverser™ models have both hand and foot throttle controls
- Throttle controls are especially useful when using a loader
Maximize productivity with an eHydro™ transmission
The 3R Series Tractor is available with an exclusive three-range electronic hydrostatic (eHydro) transmission.
- Fluid under pressure transmits engine power to the drive wheels through a pump and motor
- Provides high torque for start-up
- Reduces powertrain shock loads
Sauer-Danfoss® supplies both the pump and motor. This ensures that the components are matched to each other, providing maximum efficiency.
The electronic hydrostatic transmission is ideally suited for jobs where productivity is a must, such as loader or mower applications.
Twin Touch™ foot controls allow selecting both direction of travel and speed with a touch of the toe.
Key features of the eHydro transmission are:
- Infinite ground speeds, even at full throttle, allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job
- No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
- Twin Touch foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
- Cruise control is base equipment
- Cruise-control switch is located on the right-hand console for easy access
- Cruise control is electronically engaged and disengaged and allows for more precise setting of speed
Sauer-Danfoss eHydro transmission is used for reliable operation. Durability features include:
1) Large forged trunnion shaft with larger support bearings to reduce vibration and noise.
2) Center section made from durable cast aluminum, which is 10 percent stronger.
3) Transmission oil cooler cools transmission oil for longer transmission life.
Safety features of the eHydro transmission include:
- The tractor starts with one or both foot pedals depressed, but it does not move until both pedals first come to neutral.
- The tractor comes to a stop if the operator leaves the seat, but the engine does not shut off unless the power take-off (PTO) is also running.
Key John Deere advantage
John Deere's Twin Touch foot controls offer several key advantages over competitive hydrostatic transmission (HST) tractor models.
Key advantages over competitive HST tractor models:
- Some competitive hydrostatic tractors use a treadle pedal (toe-heel) design foot control for operation
- Requires the operator to use both toe and heel to change direction, resulting in increased operator fatigue.
Integrated eHydro features
The eHydro convenience controls have been integrated into a single module. Combining features such as SpeedMatch™ cruise control, LoadMatch™ switch, MotionMatch, eThrottle, and automotive style cruise control pulls the maximum efficiency out of the eHydro transmission tractors. All these features are standard on the 3R models and deliver an easier and more comfortable user experience.
The 3R Series Tractors come equipped with the eThrottle function. This feature is designed make the tractor quieter and use less fuel. With the simple push of a button, the engine speed is linked to the pedal position. The operator can keep the throttle essentially all the way in the low position. The engine rpms, as well as the tractor speed, increase together with the pedal position. This provides the operator with comfort and convenience as well as fuel economy.
Automotive-style cruise control
An automotive-style cruise control is standard equipment on the 3R Series Tractors. Cruise control is electronically engaged and disengaged and is located on the right-hand operator console.
- Maintains desired forward speed without pressure on the foot pedal
- When activated, operator can set cruise speed
- Use the SET/- button to set cruise speed, or to decrease cruise/max speed
- Use the RES/+ button to set cruise speed, or to increase cruise/max speed
- A speed sensor also allows the tractor to maintain preset speed driving up and down hills
- To disengage the cruise control, either:
- Apply pressure to the brakes
- Disengage cruise control button
- Briefly depress the reverse travel pedal
LoadMatch power management system
LoadMatch is an industry exclusive and a standard feature on the 3R Series Tractors.
If torque requirements increase significantly, the transmission will reduce the tractor's drive speed to compensate for the increased load on the transmission, maximizing torque to drive wheels and minimize stalls.
Controls automatically adjust LoadMatch compensation depending on the tractor’s application. PTO applications require less engine speed fluctuation, therefore adjusts the amount of droop depending on PTO speed. This adjustment increases efficiency and optimizes engine speed and torque output based on tractor application.
While typically left on, LoadMatch can be turned off with the right-hand console controls.
MotionMatch, standard on the 3R Series Tractors, is located on the right-hand console. It offers seven settings for adjusting the rollout or decelerate when the pedal is released.
Longer accelerate and decelerate distances.
Shorter accelerate and decelerate distances.
SpeedMatch, standard on the 3R Series Tractors, further enhances the eHydro cruise control functions by allowing the operator to preset maximum speed. Once this feature is engaged, the operator must stroke the travel pedal fully to meet the operator preset speed. This function improves accuracy and safety, particularly at lower travel speed applications.
Rotary tilling or spraying applications are examples of where SpeedMatch can be applied. SpeedMatch will work in both the forward and reverse set speeds.
NOTE: Automotive-style cruise control and SpeedMatch can be used in conjunction with LoadMatch to maximize productivity.
Sauer-Danfoss is a trademark of Sauer-Danfoss, Inc.
Powerful Yanmar® diesel engine delivers plenty of power under heavy loads
The Yanmar 3-cylinder, TNV series diesel engine features a high torque reserve that provides plenty of power under heavy loads.
This engine features lower levels of exhaust emissions and reduced noise levels. The engine meets all current Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) emission requirements for Final Tier 4 emission standards.3033R
The 1.642-L (100.2-cu in.) displacement, naturally aspirated, 3TNV88C-MJTV Yanmar diesel engine provides 23.7 kW (31.8 hp) to the 3033R Tractor.
Gross engine ps*
1.642 L (100.2 cu in.)
23.7 kW (31.8 hp)
17.2 kW (23 hp)
*Engine hp (kW), gross SAE J1995: 31.8 (23.7) at 2600 rpm, PS
Displacement, cu in. (L):100.2 (1.642)
The 1.568-L (95.7-cu in.), turbocharged, 3TNV86CT-MJTV Yanmar diesel engine provides 28.5 kW (38.2 hp) to the 3039R Tractor.
Gross engine ps*
1.568 L (95.7 cu in.)
28.5 kW (38.2 hp)
22.2 kW (29.8 hp)
*Engine hp (kW), gross SAE J1995: 38.2 (28.5) at 2600 rpm, PS
Displacement, cu in. (L): 95.7 (1.568)
The 1.568-L (95.7-cu in.), turbocharged, intercooled 3TNV86CHT-MJTV Yanmar diesel engine provides 33.3 kW (44.7 hp) to the 3046R Tractor.
Gross engine power*
Gross engine ps*
1.568 L (95.7 cu in.)
33.3 kW (44.7 hp)
25.3 kW (33.9 hp)
*Engine hp (kW), gross SAE J1995: 44.7 (33.3) at 2600 rpm, PS
Displacement, cu in. (L): 95.7 (1.568)
The engine uses latest technologies to optimize fuel economy, improve control and accuracy, and reduces environmental impact.
The common rail system (CRS) optimizes fuel economy and reduces operating costs compared to engines not using CRS technology. High pressure injection atomizes fuel into finer particles which burn more completely. It results in improved fuel economy and lower cost of operation.
The electronic control unit (ECU) provides optimum fuel control and accuracy. ECU monitors and controls the engine. It continuously monitors engine conditions and adjusts the fuel delivery accordingly to ensure optimum performance and emissions.
The new engine comes with an after treatment system. The system operates automatically. The exhaust filter consists of a diesel particulate filter (DPF) which captures particulate matter (PM) contained in the exhaust gas. Using a natural cleaning process, most of the PM trapped in the exhaust filter is eliminated by the heat of the exhaust stream generated by normal use. In situations of low temperature, engine speed or load factor, an active cleaning cycle is initiated. In this cleaning cycle, the exhaust gas temperature is raised by injecting additional fuel during the exhaust stroke of normal vehicle operation to the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC).
After many hours of use, the exhaust filter may require an ash removal service.
Depending on the load that the tractor is under, as well as ambient temperature, humidity, and engine speed, the DPF may build up with particulate matter, thus requiring cleaning. Filter cleaning is determined by one of three conditions:
- A prescribed time-based estimation of needed filter cleaning
- DOC/DPF pressure sensors
- A particulate matter buildup estimation based on load conditions
Once one of the three conditions has been met, filter cleaning will occur.
There are three different types of filter cleaning processes:
- Passive filter cleaning
- Active filter cleaning
- Parked filter cleaning
Passive filter cleaning
Passive filter cleaning occurs naturally when the engine is generating enough heat to oxidize particulate matter. This automatic process occurs continuously during normal operating conditions. No tractor icons or symbols appear on the display during passive filter cleaning.
NOTE: Passive filter cleaning requires no operator involvement, and there is no interruption to tractor operation.
Active filter cleaning
If conditions (temperature, load, or speed) for passive filter cleaning cannot be achieved, then PM is removed using active filter cleaner.
To achieve the required conditions, exhaust temperature management (ETM) manages the initiation and duration of active filter cleaning. ETM can adjust numerous engine parameters and/or inject a small quantity of fuel into the exhaust stream for a short duration. The fuel turns to vapor and chemically reacts with the catalysts in the DOC to create heat to oxidize PM.
It is important to note that at no time is the fuel in the DOC/DPF ignited, and there is no flame within the DOC/DPF.
Like passive filter cleaning, active filter cleaning requires no operator involvement, and there is no interruption to tractor operation.
Parked filter cleaning
In some instances where passive and active filter cleaning have not fully cleaned the PM from the system, a parked filter cleaning may need to take place. Most likely, the only time a parked filter cleaning will need to occur is when automatic filter cleaning has been disabled for an extended period of time and multiple warnings to engage filter cleaning were ignored or if the tractor has been used during light load conditions. Additionally, when the automatic filter cleaning process has been deliberately interrupted multiple times, or if active filter cleaning has failed numerous times due to a failed component, a parked filter cleaning may be requested. In these rare instances the operator will have to park the tractor and start the filter cleaning process.
The parked filter cleaning process needs to be activated based on usage and operation of the tractor. The process will take approximately 30 minutes. See operator’s manual for more details.
This system constantly monitors the soot level of the tractor, making sure the tractor is always in peak performance condition. This ensures high performance at all times.
NOTE: Number of hours since last regeneration and soot level percentage viewable on LCD display.
NOTE: When the tractor is in a filter cleaning process at low speed or while parked and running, the exhaust will be routed through the vertical exhaust outlet. In all other cases, the exhaust will be routed through the downward exhaust outlet. This ensures minimal heat impact to operator.
Key features of the engine are:
- Economical cast-in-block cylinder design for good cooling and long life
- Direct fuel injection
- Improves starting
- Injects fuel directly on top of pistons for more efficient combustion
- Develops more horsepower per gallon of fuel than indirect injection engines
- Aluminum alloy pistons with built-in steel struts are lightweight to reduce connecting rod-bearing loads and provide good heat transfer characteristics
- Design permits tighter tolerances and neutralizes expansion of the piston, which reduces blow-by and noise from piston slap
- Top rings are higher on the piston and a thinner head gasket is used to greatly reduce the volume of unburned waste gases and increase combustion efficiency
- Timing gears and injector drive gears have a helical profile to reduce engine noise
- Auto-bleed fuel system
- There is no need to prime the system if the tractor runs out of fuel
- The system will self-prime the injection pump, lines and injectors, providing fast fuel recovery for easier starting
- Key start and shutoff eliminates fuel shutoff knob
- Electric solenoid shuts fuel supply off immediately when key is turned off
- Fuel filter with replaceable element
- Water separator
- See-through coolant recovery tank permits operator to check coolant level without removing radiator cap
- Sealed radiator compartment keeps trash and debris on outside of hood
- Dry-type air cleaner with safety element and electronic air service indicator
- Electronic air restriction indicator alerts operator when air filter servicing is required
- Dual element design for added engine protection
- Easy to service
- Hybrid exhaust
- Discharges fumes away from the operator and reduces noise from engine
- Improves operator visibility
- Optional vertical exhaust kit is available
- In normal operations, the exhaust goes through the downward exhaust outlet
- In park regeneration process, the exhaust will go through the upward exhaust outlet
Yanmar is a trademark of Yanmar Company Limited.
Attractive styling provides improved visibility and serviceability
The bold styling of the tractor provides an attractive and functional appearance similar to that of the larger agricultural tractors. Benefits of this styling include:
- Easy tractor family identification
- Updated fixed grill and side panel hood design allowing for optimum sealing of the cooling compartment
- Integrated maintenance position on front grill for easy battery access
- Wraparound-style halogen headlights
- Premium integrated automotive style headlight bezels
- Bold graphics allowing for easy tractor family identification
- Aggressively sloped hood design giving a softer, smoother look, and providing improved visibility
- Hybrid exhaust in base for clear operator visibility and safety
The result gives the tractor a distinctive appearance and feel.
NOTE: If tractor is equipped with optional field-installed vertical exhaust, exhaust pipe must be removed before opening and closing the hood of the tractor.
PowrReverser™ transmission allows for clutchless direction changes
The PowrReverser transmission, available on 3033R and 3039R Tractors, offers a hydraulically shifted forward-to-reverse transmission. This allows for clutchless shuttle shifting between forward and reverse with one lever for quick and easy direction change.
- The PowrReverser transmission does not require the operator to use the clutch to shift between forward and reverse.
The 12x12 PowrReverser transmission's hydraulically actuated wet clutch takes the place of the dry-type traction clutch. Two multi-disk clutch packs (one forward and one reverse) are hydraulically actuated when the directional (reverser) lever is placed in either the forward or reverse position.
Each clutch pack consists of three large, 13-cm (5-in.) diameter clutch disks that are oil-cooled, allowing excellent heat dissipation and extended clutch life.
- Clutch A is used for the forward operation of the tractor
- Clutch B is used for the reverse operation of the tractor
Key features of the PowrReverser transmission are:
12 forward and 12 reverse speeds
- Reverser lever, located on the left side on the instrument console, allows operator to make direction changes without clutching
- Fast shuttle shift for improved loader operation
- Dual-cone synchronizers allow for synchronized shifts between gears for on-the-go shifting with use of the clutch
- Helical-cut gears for quiet operation
- Well-spaced speeds for turf, loader, and transport work
- Neutral-start switch prevents tractor from starting when transmission (main range) is not in neutral
- Dual wet-disk clutches provide long clutch life
- Shifts between ranges are not synchronized
NOTE: 3R Tractors with PowrReverser are not compatible with mid PTO. They are not compatible from the factory or field installed.
Optional premium ComfortGard™ cab provides superior comfort and performance
John Deere ComfortGard cab tractors are some of the most comfortable, quiet, and easy-to-use cab tractors available anywhere. This premium solution was developed using extensive customer research and validation tools, and some of the most advanced design techniques available.
The following ComfortGard cab tractor models are available:
- 3033R Tractor with hydrostatic transmission (HST)
- 3039R Tractor with HST
- 3046R Tractor with HST
Cab tractors are designed for those operators who demand superior performance.
- Large-property owners
- Commercial operators
- Governmental agencies
Whether doing loader work, front implement work (such as snow removal), mowing, tilling, rotary cutting, or light hay work, the cab tractors have the versatility and muscle to get the job done, all while protecting the operator from the elements.
- Designed by John Deere and built at the John Deere factory in Ramos, Mexico
- Certified to the highest safety standards in the industry
- Fingertip controls and an automotive-like fit and finish
Operators are sure to appreciate what this cab has to offer — beginning with an isolated cab. These cabs are designed with robust mounting points integrated into the rollover protective structure (ROPS) with a unique offset mounting design that provides an ultra-quiet ride.
The four-post ROPS design, carefully laid-out interior, and fuel tank located under the left rear side of the operator's platform provide a full 360 degrees of visibility.
- Operators enjoy a commanding view no matter what task is being performed.
- The raised header bar design allows operators — whether short or tall — to see the loader bucket or pallet forks through virtually the full range of operation.
- Operator fatigue caused by awkward bending is reduced, leading to increased overall productivity.
- The slow-moving vehicle (SMV) sign can be easily removed and stored in the operator's manual holder to provide a clear and unobstructed view for attaching to implements and doing field work.
- The ample headroom and curved glass on all four sides provide a spacious interior and give operators the feel of a large tractor cab.
Operators are well-protected from the elements with a high-performance climate-control system providing heating and air conditioning.
- The climate-controlled cab makes any task more enjoyable whether on a frigid winter day or a hot summer day.
- The cab is completely sealed and pressurized to further protect the operator from the elements.
- A standard high-efficiency clean-air filter keeps even the smallest dust and allergen particles out.
Cab comfort features
Several features are integrated into the design of the cab that deliver superior operator comfort and visibility. These features include:
- Ultra-quiet interior
- Four-post ROPS with curved glass for 360-degree visibility and spacious interior
- Improved climate-control system for maximum operator comfort
- Raised header bar for maximum loader visibility
- Right-hand control center with the most frequently used controls at the operator's fingertips
- Left-hand automotive-style park brake
- Dash-mounted four-wheel drive (4WD) engagement, no awkward bending
- Tilt steering
- Improved shift range linkage for ease in operation
- Flat unobstructed foot platform
- Deluxe cloth seat with a retractable seat belt and armrests for excellent back support
- Factory-installed deluxe air-ride seat with an adjustable backrest and adjustable armrests (available on the 3039R and 3046R)
- Inside rearview mirror for rear visibility
- Optional dual exterior rearview mirrors for added rear visibility
- Ergonomically placed integrated loader joystick control for maximum comfort during operation
- Interior dome light with on, door, and off positions for illumination in low-light conditions
- Optional factory or field-installed Jensen® stereo with AM/FM, weatherband, and powered USB port
- SiriusXM® satellite radio ready and iPod® mobile digital device ready
- SWJHD1630 stereo can be ordered separately through Parts
- Standard sun visor to block unwanted sunlight
- Creature comforts like:
- Dual cup holders
- 12-V power supply
- Cell phone storage
- Hitch pin storage
- Miscellaneous storage
- Operator's manual holder
- Integrated handle providing support for ingress and egress
- Left-side step for convenient ingress and egress
Cab operating features
- Pre-wired for optional accessories like a radio, horn, rear work lights, electric hydraulic diverter, rear wiper/washer, beacon light, and 12-V outlet
- Integrated warning lights/turn signals and taillights, protected from trees and branches
- Integrated roof-mounted antenna, protected from potential damage from trees and branches
- Dual roof-mounted forward work lights for optimum forward visibility at night
- Standard two-speed front windshield wiper to keep the front glass clear
- Optional rear wiper/washer to keep the rear glass clear
- Optional front fenders to protect the front cab glass from mud and debris
- Optional rear fender extensions to help protect doors from mud and debris
- High-impact polymer fenders, dent resistant and painted to an automotive-like finish
- Rear glass that swings out 70 degrees for ventilation or access to the optional iMatch™ hitch
- Easy access to route and mount a controller or monitor through the rear window removable plug and mounting bosses on the side post
- Large, 48.6-L (12.8-gal.) fuel tank for longer operation without re-fueling
- Left rear fender fuel fill with large opening for easy re-fueling
- Fuel tank located under the left side of the operator's station for maximum rear visibility
Cab safety features
ROPS — Certified to the highest industry standards for maximum operator protection
Operator presence system
Engine shuts down if the operator leaves the seat when the transmission, mid, or rear PTO is engaged
Tractor must be in neutral and the park brake fully set for stationary PTO work
Right-side emergency exit
Tempered safety glass in case of breakage
Roof-mounted warning lights/turn signals for road transport — two front and two rear
Two fender-mounted taillights
Easily remove the slow-moving vehicle sign and store it in the operator's manual holder
Deluxe cloth seat
A deluxe cloth seat with retractable seat belt is in base cab equipment.
An ergonomically sculpted seat cushion, an adjustable scissor-link suspension, and seat armrests are combined to provide excellent operator comfort and support.
The scissor-link suspension can be adjusted for the operator's height and weight.
The operator weight adjustment adjusts to the operator's weight (52 kg to 125 kg [115 lb to 275 lb]).
Using a lever located under the seat, the seat is adjustable fore and aft for operator height.
Retractable seat belts prevent belts from becoming tangled in the seat suspension and controls.
Optional air-suspension seat is available.
Optional air-suspension seat
Two air-ride seat options are possible in 3R cab models. Both utilize the same suspension, which is designed to provide an air cushion for vertical-seat travel. This provides maximum operator comfort in any terrain. The two options are:
1. The optional factory-installed air-ride seat with a deluxe cloth two-piece seat with adjustable backrest and integrated armrests (for the 3039R and 3046R only).
- Push the button at the base of the seat to pump up the seat. Pull the button to deflate the seat.
- The seat slides fore/aft with a lever on the right-hand side of the seat.
- The seat back reclines with a lever in the lower left corner of seat cushion.
- Upper backrest extension available as a field installed option.
2. The optional field-installed air suspension kit that requires the existing standard seat to be re-used when installed.
NOTE: The deluxe two-piece seat top can be ordered through Parts for customers who desire it.
Key benefits include:
- Maximum ride comfort and quality, thus minimizing operator fatigue
- Dampens lower frequency vibration better than mechanical suspensions
- Operator weight capacity of 330 lb
- Enhanced appearance with the close-out boot
The base lighting package for cab tractors includes:
- Two wide-angle halogen headlights
- Two roof-mounted, adjustable halogen forward work lights, illuminating the work area in nighttime or low-light conditions
- Two front and two rear amber turn signals/warning lights integrated into the cab roof
- Two taillights integrated into the fenders
- Three-position (on/off/auto) interior dome light
Optional lighting includes:
Dual roof-mounted adjustable rear work lights
Rotating beacon light
Jensen is a trademark of ASA Electronics Corporation. iPod is a trademark of Apple Inc. SiriusXM is a trademark of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
|Lift capacity, 24-in. behind link arms||995 kg
A Tractor that Performs!!!
I purchased the tractor in March 2015. Along with a JD Tiller, Bucket,and Bush Hog, Everything has worked well and the tractor will do what you want it to do. I had ballast put in the rear wheels by the dealer. Works well on the lawn and in the field.
- From: Livingston, TN 38570, USA
- Usage Frequency: Monthly
- Level of Experience: Intermediate
needs some miner changes good overall
tried two 3 family out wheel to narrow not stable have a 1996 model 955 love that john Deere nice tractor waiting for a change in the 3 family trying to decide where to purchase live in Lapeer mi. but the Dealership their has a bad attitude and bad services seems to be just that location 2 others people same story so my rating is not the tractor its the dealer I stand up for john Deere tractors
- From: michigan
- Usage Frequency: Weekly
- Level of Experience: Expert
The best tractor in its class, period!
This is my first John Deere, and I cannot get over how just how innovative my 3046R is. Everything about it has perfection written all over it. Its by far superior to other manufacturers tractors in this class.
- From: Gray, TN 37615, USA
- Usage Frequency: Weekly
- Level of Experience: Expert
I just bought a 2021 JD 3046R and could not be happier. So far I’ve used it to snake trees, bushhog and will be planting food plots when the disk arrives. The cab is comfortable and the controls are well designed. There’s also plenty of power for everything I need. Would do it all again.
- From: Eastern Shore, VA
- Usage Frequency: Weekly
- Level of Experience: Intermediate
Solid work horse
I bought this tractor a year ago for my lawn service as a snow removal rig. I so far have been happy with it, however John Deere could improve on a few quality points in my opinion. After 25 hours of use, a saftey feature failed causing the machine to loose forward and reverse drive. Deere and my dealer took care of me getting the issue resolved which is good, but I still think it's unacceptable to have a failure like this. That has been the only reliability issue and I'm happy to say after removing all the saftey features, the machine is easy to use and reliable. I wish some of the controls felt more high quality. The shift lever is a little indecisive with the hydrostatic transmission. Same with the PTO selection lever. The hood on this model also is a little cheap. Other than those things I am very happy with my machine. The cab keeps me very comfortable and the tractor does a high quality job. I was critical on this machine, but only in hopes that John Deere will make a good product better. I now have a little over 100hrs on this machine as nd plan on having it for several thousand more.
- From: Duluth, MN, USA
- Usage Frequency: Weekly
- Level of Experience: Expert