RD30F HydraFlex™ Draper
- John Deere
- Draper Platforms
Find a location to get your local store information and inventory.
Your Preferred StoreChange location Change location
Key Features & Specs
- Harvest crops as close as possible to the ground with the HydraFlex™ cutterbar
- Minimize grain loss with a two-speed center feed section
- Enable higher harvesting speed without sacrificing cut quality with a 4” double cut, dual drive, shaft driven cutterbar
- Get more done by eliminating header calibrations
- Width 30 ft.
- + Expand All
- - Close All
Optimize feeding with a two-speed center feed section, increased feed drum torque, and center crop flow divider
Increase grain in the tank with a two-speed center feed section. A slow-speed setting softens the impact of crop fingers and drum flighting when engaging with crop. This ensures that easy-shelling crops like lentils and soybeans do not get thrown over the feeder house. Use the high-speed setting in canola or high-yielding cereals to prevent slug feeding while ensuring that the drum does not plug.
- Experience less downtime during harvest related to unplugging the header, which allows for more harvesting time at the highest productivity levels.
- Higher feed drum torque is matched to the capacity of the combine to ensure optimal feed rates into the combine. Higher torque on the front feed drum allows operators to confidently harvest tough feeding crops like canola.
- Additionally, prevent underfeeding in light crops with the center crop flow divider. When not harvesting crop with the full width of the draper, the center crop flow divider prevents crop from skipping over the center feed section and going on the opposite draper belt.
- The two-speed center feed section maintains a consistent ratio between the feed drum and center feed belt speed.
- Change center feed section speed with a toolless, two-speed, easy-shift handle on the gearcase to the left of the draper feeder house opening.
- Feed drum gearbox
- Center feed drive shaft
- Knife drive shaft
- Center feed speed control
- Oil check
- Main gearbox
- Center belt gearbox
- Oil check
Center feed belt
Feed drum torque
1217 lb-ft (1650 Nm)
2109.4 lb-ft (2860 Nm)
Center belt width
70 in. (177.8 cm)
79.1 in. (200.9 cm)
Superior ground following with the HydraFlex™ draper system
Achieve superior ground following when harvesting in a wide range of terrains, crops, and conditions with RDF HydraFlex Draper Platforms. HydraFlex is an industry-exclusive hydraulic float system.
- Float closely to the ground over changing conditions by controlling the cutterbar ground pressure from the cab – simply adjust the armrest knob to vary hydraulic pressure in the float arm hydraulic cylinders.
- The hydraulic float system features a 7.5-in. (19-cm) float range.
- To lock out the HydraFlex draper into rigid mode, the operator should increase the float pressure to maximum
Evenly feed canola and field peas into the feeder house with RDF top augers
Help bushy crops, especially heavy canola, feed evenly into the feeder house with an optional 18-in. (45.7-cm) top auger extending the full width of the draper.
- With the crop tucked under the auger, the handoff to the center feed drum enables smooth and consistent feeding to the combine to ensure constant load.
- Achieve smooth headfirst feeding when auger speeds are running slightly faster than the belt speed.
- This optional 18-in. (45.7-cm) hydraulically driven top auger has an easy speed adjustment at the right side of the platform.
- It is recommended for operation in bushy or high-volume harvesting conditions such as canola.
- Augers can be turned off for crops like lentils or wheat where they are not recommended.
|Knife drive||Double-cut, dual-drive, shaft-driven cutterbar: 10.2 cm
|Type||Straight-line knife drive system
Cutterbar vertical flex: 190 mm
|Knife speed||X Series Combine: 520 cycles/min
S-Series Combine: 490 cycles/min
|Base skid shoe height||3.8 cm