Pre-pruning is an important vineyard maintenance step because it saves time and money by reducing the number of hours spent during the final pruning process and minimizing the risk of disease. Fungal spores can attack the vine during winter—potentially leading to an infection called Eutypa lata. By cutting the excess canes early, you help prevent the spread of this infection and ensure your yield is as high as possible.
The Pellenc Disco Pre-Pruner is a mechanical option that’s just what you're looking for. This attachment eliminates the need to hand-prune -- which is dangerous and strenuous -- it helps prevent workers’ compensation cases and employee burnout. Not to mention the time and money saved by streamlining the process and preventing and disease from settling into your crops.
PELLENC DISCO PRE-PRUNER
Vineyard management is much more efficient with the proper equipment. The Pellenc Disco Pre-Pruner is a simple and economical way to pre-prune your vineyard. Working around the vines is easy because it’s lightweight, versatile, and has a number of useful features:
- Working speeds up to 3 mph
- 4.5 gal/min hydraulic requirement
- Electric control of all functions
- Ergonomic console
- Boron steel discs
- The small footprint and reduced overhang makes it stable on slopes and uneven ground
- Unique shape of the discs ensure a good, clean cut of the vine shoots
- Adjustable discs with fast and simple maintenance
- Works well, no matter how dense the vegetation
- A quiet, comfortable ride for the operator
In addition to saving you time and money, mechanical pre-pruning allows you to focus on other aspects of vineyard management. Papé Machinery has Pellenc specialty attachments available, as well as narrow tractors, which are perfect for vineyards. Contact your nearest Papé Machinery Agriculture and Turf location for more information.