C12F Folding Corn Head
- John Deere
- Headers & Platforms
Find a location to get your local store information and inventory.
Your Preferred StoreChange location Change location
Key Features & Specs
- Easily transport between fields with improved visibility
- Get done faster with industry leading fold and unfold times
- Ready to harvest corn heads with factory installed Stalk Deflectors and Active End Fenders
- Size residue less than 6 inches with RowMax™ Chopping Stalk Rolls
- row spacing 30 in.
- width/row 12 rows
- + Expand All
- - Close All
More bushels per hour and more acres per day
You have more acres to harvest, which means starting harvest earlier – and sometimes at moisture higher than 32 percent – to get all your work completed on time. The solution is the CF and CR Corn Heads from John Deere. Available in a wide range of row spacings, these corn heads match the capacity of John Deere combines, letting you harvest up to 7,200 bu (253,721 L) per hour in high-yielding, dry corn. Additionally, you can harvest 65 more acres per day with a 16-row corn head compared to a 12-row corn head at the same ground speed.
- Cover more acres per hour and put more clean grain in the tank – The larger, 19-in. (48.3-cm) auger with increased torque helps you cover more acres per hour than John Deere’s current 700C Corn Heads. This ensures you can harvest high-yielding or high-moisture corn with ease. What’s more, you can reduce the pinching of kernels since the auger has a smaller and more consistent gap between the auger flighting and floor compared to the Geringhoff Rota Disc® system.
- Relax and enjoy worry-free, automated, on-the-go unloading – The massive capacity boost of an X Series Combine with a 16-row corn head means you’ll need to unload more often. Take the worry out of on-the-go unloading by choosing Machine Sync, which allows the combine operator to control the tractor and grain cart's movement to make unloading more comfortable than ever.
- AutoTrac™ Row Sense™ is the perfect choice whether you harvest six or 18 rows at a time –To get harvest done on time, you need to run faster, which will make you appreciate AutoTrac Row Sense. Corn heads offer AutoTrac RowSense in base equipment to closely follow the rows with less operator effort. In down corn, terraces, or pivots, it works efficiently while reducing operator’s stress.
Rota Disc is a trademark of Carl Geringhoff Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
Spend more time harvesting your crop and less time managing your harvest
The sheer capacity boost you’ll experience with an X Series or S700 Combine paired with a John Deere CF Corn Head will help you pull a lot more bushels per hour out of your fields. A folding corn head can help reduce the time and effort you currently spend moving between and opening up fields. It eliminates the need for header trailers and running employees back and forth when changing between fields.
- Nobody folds or unfolds faster – Harvest more acres per day and get home faster with an industry-leading fold cycle time of less than 60 seconds when connected to S700 Combines and approximately 40 seconds with X Series Combines.
- Better visibility in tight spaces – When folded, the corn head sits 30.5 cm (12 in.) lower, resulting in a 2.5-m (8-ft, 2 in.) improvement in visibility over the 700FC and a 4.4-m (14-ft, 4 in.) improvement in visibility over the Geringhoff Rota Disc® system.
- Choose the size that fits your operation – With additional row-unit configurations up to 18 rows, it’s easy to match your corn head with your planting widths. Folding corn head widths include a 16R in 50.8-cm, 55.9-cm, or 76.5-cm (20-in., 22-in., or 30-in.) row spacings and an 18R in 50.8-cm or 55.9-cm (20-in. or 22-in.) row spacings to perfectly match the rest of your operation.
- Light up fields at night – Make it easier to use your corn head at night with light-emitting diode (LED) lighting. Lights located on the end divider tips can help prevent collisions with the grain cart or fence posts. It also helps you re-engage in crop easier at the end rows because you can quickly see where your outer end fender is to make sure you’re on the right row. Additionally, LED lights on the back of the corn head illuminate stubble height, making it easier to see how your corn head is performing at night.
Rota Disc is a trademark of Carl Geringhoff Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG.
Harvest down crops with confidence
You have little control over the challenges that weather can bring. Wind damaged crops are often blown down, hiding the rows and making it nearly impossible to see where to harvest. The AutoPath™ system addresses these issues by providing accurate guidance lines even when the crop rows cannot be seen.
- AutoPath uses data gathered during the source operation (first pass) to map the location of each crop row. This data is used to create a series of guidance lines for the entire field which precisely follows the crop row, regardless of crop condition. You no longer need to manually create or reuse guidance lines, which can be very difficult when crop is down.
- AutoPath guidance lines position the machine accurately to start in the right place. When harvesting down crop, it can be nearly impossible to know where to start operating. AutoPath gives you accurate starting points for opening new fields, even in tough field conditions.
- AutoPath guidance lines track crop rows accurately, even when rows are not visible. When operating in the field with down crop, it is disorienting to manually drive the machine. Twisted down crops make it easy for you to move off the proper line, increasing harvest time. AutoPath lines accurately follow crop rows, even when they are not visible.
- AutoPath guidance lines allow the operator to focus on other important tasks. Harvesting in down crops can be overwhelming. Dealing with down crops increases the chance of slugging the machine. Unloading on the go is even more challenging in down crops. AutoPath gives you accurate guidance in all conditions, including down crops. This allows you to focus on other important tasks like crop feeding or unloading.
Treat residue like an asset rather than an afterthought
John Deere CF and CR Corn Heads are built to handle corn residue. You can start managing residue right away during harvest by appropriately sizing and distributing the residue evenly across your field to speed decomposition and improve soil warming to make planting manageable and effective.
- Size residue right at the corn head – Compare the RowMax Chopping Stalk Rolls to similar competitive models from Calmer® and the benefits are easy to see. RowMax Chopping Stalk Rolls provide 30 percent better wear life, consume less power, and keep more trash out of the combine. They also size 50 percent of the residue less than 6-in. (15.2-cm) long, which speeds breakdown and burial without washing or blowing away in the field.
- Reduce tire and track wear while increasing trade-in value – Minimize tire and track damage with John Deere Stalk Deflectors that are one-fifth the weight of Lankota® Stalk Stomper® equipment. John Deere-designed and factory-installed Stalk Deflectors are lightweight and directly installed onto the frame. Set behind each row, they fracture corn stubble by pushing it down toward the ground, reducing the chance of damage to the tires and tracks of your combine, as well as any other equipment you take into the field. Not only does it extend the life and increase the trade-in value of your tires, but it also reduces overall maintenance costs.
Calmer is a trademark of Calmer Corn Heads, Inc. Lankota and Stalk Stomper are trademarks of Lankota Group, Inc.
All-day performance in all crops and conditions
No cornfield is perfect. John Deere corn heads make the best even better by offering features to help you tackle any field without hesitation, no matter how imperfect the conditions might appear.
- Match changes in stalk and cob size throughout the field - with on-the-go robust, reliable, and low maintenance (compared to Drago) hydraulic adjustable deck plates.
- Quickly harvest less-than-ideal fields – Down or leaning crop is no problem with Active End Fenders. They improve harvest in down or flat stalks by letting you maintain a consistent speed without worrying about losing ears. It’s a benefit you’ll notice in the down crop, but it can be equally crucial in standing crop. Plus, Active End Fenders reduce the need to stop and clear crop buildup from the outer row-units.
- Decrease harvest loss – Longer end fender extensions on rigid and folding corn heads rise higher in the air to help save ears from being tossed over the side. This industry-unique end fender allows you to use the extensions and Active End Fenders together while still using them independently. On folding corn heads, the end fender extensions automatically lower when folded.
|Stalk rolls||Opposed, intermeshing, and chopping (two per row-unit)|
|Deck plate adjustment||Hydraulic adjustment|
|Gathering points||Four-position, low-profile floating type hinged above gathering chains|
|Slip clutch||One per row-unit plus auger drive|
|Gathering chains||Heavy-duty, 620, endless steel roller chain with chromed pins (no master connecting link)|
|Row unit drive||Enclosed, submerged-in-lubricant gearbox, driven by single input hexagon shaft|
|Trash knives||Full-length, one-piece, heat-treated steel|
|Gathering chain adjustment||Spring loaded, self-adjusting|
|Minimum clearance between gathering chains and ground||32 mm
|Stalk deflectors||Factory-installed option|
|Center and outer gatherings||Hinged, quickly removable|