R15 Flex Wing Rotary Cutter
- John Deere
- Rotary Cutters FC Series
Find a location to get your local store information and inventory.
Your Preferred StoreChange location Change location
- 15 ft. cutting width
- 540 or 1000 PTO RPM
- Rear wheel torsional suspension with sealed bearings
- New frontal suspension and swivel hitch options
- + Expand All
- - Close All
What is the best cutter for your job?
NOTE: Only for E, M, and R flex-wing models.
John Deere flex-wing rotary cutters lead the way with innovative design, superior durability, and proven performance. Valuable features are included such as a dome-shaped smooth deck, which prevent water and debris from accumulating on the top of the machine and makes it easy to clean up.
Built with a superior structural design that will satisfy different applications and segment desires, the single deck on the flex-wing cutters adds volume on the cutting chamber, allowing the machine to process more material and translating into an improvement in cut quality. The cutting chamber design allows the material to flow through the area and be discharged evenly throughout the width of the machine.
To help promote safe operation, John Deere rotary cutters are equipped with front and rear safety-chain shields and lighting kits to comply with U.S. regulations. John Deere rotary cutters continue to advance in value with larger, more powerful gearboxes, and updated constant-velocity (CV) drivelines.
Here are situations when a rotary cutter provides value:
- Clipping pastures encourages grass growth, optimizing on valuable pasture acreage.
- Cutting grass and stalks helps control insects.
- Routine cutting keeps weeds from reseeding.
- It is the most cost efficient way to cut roadsides, parks, cemeteries, airport fields, hydro, gas, and telephone easements, and all other types of open properties.
- Cutting grass waterways encourages root development and helps prevent erosion.
- Knocking down stalks such as cotton, corn, or milo speeds up decomposition. This is essential in no-till and minimum-till fields.
- Clearing out brush is easy.
- Control undergrowth and grass in orchards, vineyards, and groves.
Decide what model to use based on:
- The size of the area to mow versus the size of the machine – the bigger the area to mow, the bigger the mower needs to be in order to be efficient during mowing hours.
- The amount of time and frequency it will be used – for longer hours and more frequency, choose a heavier duty machine.
- Tractor compatibility – if there is a tractor the operator will be using, look for the tractor compatibility sheet to identify appropriate options.
- Choose the right features to satisfy specific needs – check out the value and benefits for each option to determine which one is the best fit for the work
John Deere flex-wing rotary cutters are available in three duty-level categories and four width sizes.
- Sizes: 3.7-m (12-ft) and 4.6-m (15-ft)
- E-spec models cut brush up to 50.8 mm (2 in.) in diameter
- Two tire options to choose from
- Available in 540 rpm
- Tractor compatibility – see chart
- Great choice for the property owners with light-duty applications
- Sizes: 4.6-m (15-ft) and 6.1-m (20-ft)
- M-spec models cut brush up to 76.2 mm (3 in.) in diameter
- Includes additional options to satisfy most customer needs
- Available in 540 or 1000 rpm
- Good match for medium-duty customers and their versatile jobs
- Sizes: 3.05-m (10-ft), 4.6-m (15-ft), and 6.1-m (20-ft)
- R-spec models cut brush up to 101.6 mm (4 in.) in diameter
- Available in 540 or 1000 rpm (R10 only available in 540 rpm)
- Excellent for road side mowing and more demanding applications
Five-year limited gearbox warranty provided on every John Deere rotary cutter
John Deere is so confident in the reliability of the gearbox that rotary cutters come with a 5-year limited gearbox warranty.
There is also 1-year warranty on the complete machine, as well as drivelines and other components.
John Deere flex-wing rotary cutters are equipped with a single dome deck to allow material debris and water to be easily removed from the top of the machine.
R-spec machines come standard with these features that will reduce overall maintenance time.
There is no need for greasing, as the machine includes internal pre-greased bushings and sealed hinges.
Back torsional suspension
This requires minimal maintenance; operators only need to check that bolts are tightened every 40 hours.
John Deere flex-wing rotary cutters are equipped with chains and lights as standard in all models.
Front and rear safety chains
Chain shields offer protection to the operator and the area surrounding the cutter, yet allows uncut material to pass into the cutting chamber with minimal restriction.
Lights are required for U.S. regulations on implements wider than 3.05 m (10 ft). All cutters come standard from the factory with lights.
Always use the transport lock on the wings and back axle while transporting or moving the machine.
Round stump jumper and standard deck rings for maximum protection of blades and blade carrier against obstruction damage
Option of double blade bar for extra shredding
|Blade tip speed||540 RPM