Z720E with 54-in. (137-cm) HC PRO Mower Deck Z735M with 60-in. (152-cm) HC PRO Mower Deck
Each Z700 Series ZTrak™ Mower is equipped with either a 48-in. (122-cm), 54-in. (137-cm), or 60-in. (152-cm) HC PRO Mower Deck.
|High-capacity (HC) mower deck||ZTrak model|
| ||Z720E||Z735E||Z730M||Z735M||Z740R||Z740R with Tweel® tire technology|
|48-in. (122-cm) High-capacity PRO||X|| || ||X||X|| |
|54-in. (137-cm) High-capacity PRO||X|| ||X||X||X||X*|
|60-in. (152-cm) High-capacity PRO||X||X||X||X||X||X*|
*Not compatible with material collection system (MCS)
Deep deck design
Deep, flat-top deck Deep-deck mower design
The mower deck has a deep-deck design:
- Constructed from heavy, 9-gauge, 0.15-in. (3.8-mm) steel.
- Minimizes the number of welds required
- Has a smooth underside for reduced material buildup
- Deep-deck design delivers excellent airflow, so large volumes of material can be processed quickly and efficiently.
- A wider and higher discharge opening provides even clipping dispersal for an excellent finished appearance in all conditions.
- A durable plastic deflector spreads grass clippings evenly across the lawn, is hinged, and can be raised to minimize the storage space required.
- 1-in. (25.4-mm) cold-forged spindles are heat-treated for strength and are supported by ball bearings.
- Standard front rollers and two double-captured wheels provide a more even mowing job and reduce the chance of scalping.
- Adjustable for different mowing heights
- The front edge is raised above the blade plane to allow for even cutting of tall grass.
- Blade overlap is greater than many conventional decks for a clean cut.
- The mower can side-discharge, mulch, or collect material, except a Z740R equipped with Tweel tires is not compatible with a material collection system.
Mower level adjustment
- Deck leveling and rake angle adjustment is provided at all four mower mounting points.
Reinforced leading edge
Reinforced leading edge of mower deck Trim side of mower reinforcement/wear bar
Steel reinforcing bars are welded to the front edge and trim side of the mower deck:
- Strengthens the deck to reduce chance of damage from obstructions
- Increased material thickness for longer life of the deck
Superior durability is designed in
Deep mower deck spindle pocket Flip-up spindle cover
The deck has deep, strong spindle pockets to keep the blades aligned, even after years of tough operation:
- Ribs formed in the deck shell add strength where it is needed.
- The aluminum spindle housing has 8-in. (20-cm) base for extra strength.
Flip-up spindle covers make cleaning the spindle area convenient.
Wheels and rollers
Right mower anti-scalp wheel and center rollers Left mower anti-scalp wheel
Dual-captured front and side anti-scalp wheels:
- Give a more even mowing job and reduce the chance of scalping
- Adjustable for different mowing heights
Operator step welded on mower deck
A permanent step weldment is located at the left front corner of the mower deck:
- Encourages proper entry to the operator station
- Provides a good gripping surface for the operator’s foot
Optional MulchControl™ attachment
The MulchControl attachment makes mulching more practical for many mowing situations because it not only does an excellent job of mulching but it also allows the mower to be easily converted for times when it is more desirable to side discharge or collect the lawn material.
Advantages of mulching grass clippings include:
- A beautiful looking lawn
- Grass clippings not blown onto the operator, driveways, or flower beds
- Less fertilizer use
- Elimination of the effort needed to dispose of clippings
How MulchControl works
Illustration of MulchControl baffle open Illustration of MulchControl baffle closed
MulchControl is an innovative, simple design that is easy to use and maintain:
- The MulchControl attachment includes baffles to control the flow of material under the deck.
- The left mower blade area is completely enclosed and optimized for mulching and will mulch even when the mower is in the side-discharge mode.
- Baffles around the center and right blades are optimized for mulching when the discharge baffle is closed.
- The attachment also includes mulching blades.
MulchControl handle is used to control baffle
MulchControl baffle closed MulchControl handle in closed position
The MulchControl handle is located on top of the mower deck and used to open and close the discharge baffle:
- The operator is required to get off of the machine in order to engage or disengage mulch mode.
- MulchControl is well suited to the following mowing situations:
- Operators who usually mulch, but side-discharge when grass gets too long
- Operators who usually side discharge, but would like to be able to close the chute to control clippings
- Operators who always mulch a main lawn, but often side discharge secondary lawns
- Operators who bag clippings, but want to go farther before emptying bags
MulchControl puts the operator in control of the clippings. The operator can have all the benefits of mulching with the ability to easily change to side-discharge or bagging when needed.
While in the side-discharge mode, MulchControl will still mulch about one third of the material. Therefore, the side-discharge mode is essentially a partial-mulch mode. This can be an advantage when side discharging or bagging, as it helps to reduce the amount of material being discharged. Other times this could work as a disadvantage:
- When cutting strong southern grasses, such as Zoysia and Bermuda
- When cutting in wet, high-growth conditions, such as those found in the Pacific Northwest United States
- When optimum bagging and lawn clean-up is desired
MulchControl is a field-installed attachment and compatible with the 48-in. (122-cm), 54-in. (137-cm), and 60-in. (152-cm) HC PRO Mower Decks available for the Z700 Series ZTrak Mowers.
Optional 6.5-bu (229-L) ZTrak Z700 Series MCS
6.5-bu (230-L) hopper and included weights (chute, blower and attachment bar sold separately) 6.5-bu (230-L) rear hopper, chute, attachment bar, and blower
The 6.5-bu (230-L) rear bagger efficiently collects material from a 48-, 54-, or 60-in. (122-, 137-, or 152-cm) Mower Deck:
- Hopper, attachment bar/bumper, Power Flow™ blower, and chute components are ordered separately to make a complete MCS.
- A weight bracket and four 18-lb (8.2-kg) weights are included for installation on the front of the vehicle to help counterbalance the weight of the hopper. For proper ballast with complete MCS:
- Four weights are required on a ZTrak Z700 Series equipped with a 48-in. (122-cm) Mower Deck.
- Three weights are required on a ZTrak Z700 Series equipped with a 54-in. (137-cm) Mower Deck.
- Two weights are required on a ZTrak Z700 Series equipped with a 60-in. (152-cm) Mower Deck.
Removing bag from 6.5-bu (230-L) hopper Removing bag from 6.5-bu (230-L) hopper
The hopper design provides efficient bagging performance, clean operation, and easy-to-empty bags:
- Two durable bags give a generous, 6.5-bu (230-L) capacity.
- The bags lift out for easy emptying.
- An efficient chute provides a smooth flow of material to reduce the chance of plugging.
- The chute and Power Flow blower must be ordered separately.
- Standard mower blades are used for bagging.
- The air exhaust duct directs air from the hopper back and toward the ground for clean operation.
- Convenient latch makes opening and closing the hopper easy.
NOTE: Appropriate hopper, Power Flow blower, chute, and attachment bar are required and ordered separately.
6.5 bu (230 L)
High impact polypropylene
Ultra-high molecular weight (UHMW) polyethylene
Directly into bags for emptying on ground or in trailer or into plastic liners
13 in. (33 cm)
2.75 in. (7 cm)
Number of fan blades
NOTE: MulchControl attachments and MCS components are not included in base equipment for a Z700 Series ZTrak machine and must be ordered separately.
Tweel is a trademark of Michelin North America, Inc.